We, HSB, have developed various CSR activities in the belief that an enterprise should not only pursue profit but also comply with the law, realize social fairness, pay attention to the environment and contribute to society. We have set up the “Committee for CSR Activities” to administrate all the CSR activities comprehensively so that each activity can be conducted effectively and efficiently.
Occupational Safety & Health
We have stipulated the requirements for Occupational Safety & Health Management in shipbuilding operations in order to secure the safety and health of all the workers under HSB’s control. At the same time, we have been making serious efforts to create and maintain a good working environment for them. As part of these efforts, we obtained OHSAS18001 certificate, an international standard of Occupational Safety & Health Management System, in September 2010.
In order to realize the catch phrase of “Earth-friendly HSB”, the management is eager to raise environmental awareness among the employees and tackles the issue of how to save natural resources and energy. As part of the efforts, we obtained an ISO14001 certificate and laid down its own “Environment Policy”.
Practices for the improvement and protection of the environment
- ●Acquisition of ISO14001 certificate
- HSB obtained ISO14001, an international standard
concerning Environment Management System, in Sept. 2001.
- ●Substitution of overland transport with marine transport
- In an attempt to save natural resources and reduce the emission of CO2,
we substitute overland transport with marine transport as much as possible.
- ●Noise Regulation at Factory
- We have established our own noise control standard based on our
all-out survey and make efforts to lessen and control factory noise.
State of the marine transport
We obtained ISO9001 certificate, an international standard of Quality Management System, in March 2000 in an attempt to improve the quality of every ship we build. We have established a framework of high quality control and are making efforts to build ships with high economic efficiency. We have also established our own Quality Policy so as to further improve the quality of our products.
Activity to Contribute the Local
Imabari city, which is centrally located in Seto Inland Sea area, has grown as a hub of marine transportation since ancient times. The city is now known as one of the most successful maritime cities where enterprises related to marine transport and shipbui lding cluster. We would like to contribute to the development and vitalization of the area by conducting and participating in community activities and events.
Visitor Tour for Ship-Launching Ceremony
- We open our ship-launching ceremony to the public, welcoming people who are often overwhelmed by the sight of magnificent ship taking the water.
“ Onmaku festival” at Imabari city
- We participate in the traditional community festival of “Onmaku” in Imabari-shi every August to liven things up.
“SHIMANAMI SEA ROUTE HIGHWAY area"
- We support the group engaged in conservation work of SHIMANAMI SEA ROUTE HIGHWAY area, which is famous for its scenic view.
Participation in community events
- We actively participate in many community events such as cutter races, cultural exchange gathering, and volunteer activities so that we can maintain a good relationship with the local people, including children.
Participating in Bari-Ship
- Bari-Ship, the largest international maritime exhibition in west Japan, is held once every two years in Imabari city. In addition to display booth, there will be launching and factory tours on the days open to the general public. We not only promote our technical capabilities to enterprises, we also want the general public to be interested in ship building.